It’s here! We’re super stoked to announce that our new collection UPPERWEST ISLE is now available for pre-order. We’ve been slowly sneaking peeks and previews on our social accounts and now you can finally buy the pieces — HAPPY DAY!
We get asked a lot, “What is the inspiration behind your designs?” Well, our inspiration for this collection really did come from everywhere. UPPERWEST ISLE highlights Kalaki Riot original details that were every bit island and coastal inspired. And designing them for chic and urban driven styles ended up making for jewelry we think you’ll really love.
- The last time we were in the South of France, we saw a lot of line details and basic shapes that made for gorgeous, and perhaps unintentional, patterns. From stone and tile designs on streets to umbrella decor on the beaches of the French Riviera, details like these eventually inspired our Landry design, a row of continuous chevron arrows, that is both simple and memorable.
- The intricacy of our Vieira motif came to us on the beaches of Maui and our tiered pattern of shells and scallops is something we thought up after seeing one gorgeous pile of sunrise shells.
- We’ve also always had a thing for keshi pearls. We love the organic shape and freeform aesthetic of each pearl and we especially love how no two are the same. And that’s how we approached designing our Lani diamonds, statement pendants that standout at every size.
Like all of our jewelry, our new rings, necklaces, earrings, and bracelets are hand crafted, a priority we made when we first started the brand. We know that something like the process of how our work is made is important to our customers as well as us. We also use recycled metals to make our pieces and everything is done locally right here in New York City. Carefully handcrafting our pieces is also the only proper way we can achieve the unique and beautiful aesthetic we intended our designs to have, like the gorgeous brushed finish and blue-gray oxidation you can now purchase some of our pieces in. And the feedback we continue to receive about our commitment to high quality and original design that our customers find evident in the pieces they buy from us means everything — thank you so much for that!
Shop the UPPERWEST ISLE COLLECTION pictured here.
Latest posts by Kalaki Riot (see all)
- #MyUrbanIsland: Jennipher Walters, Erin Whitehead and Kristen Seymour of Fit Bottomed Girls - September 19, 2016
- GIVEAWAY: WIN OVER $1000 IN TRAVEL MUST-HAVES - August 29, 2016
- #MyUrbanIsland: Liza Skripka - August 29, 2016