At Kalaki Riot, our baseline is balance. We love details that reflect our taste and lifestyle of knowing when to slow down but also to hustle harder. And being in the business of adornment, we go a little crazy for ones that compliment our accessories game. Read: nail art. Whether you typically go for subtle or shock factor, there are a few ways you can incorporate urban island details onto your paws.
- Choose your contrast. Pin a black polish (or another dark color) against something light or bright- we usually favor gold, white, or neon. You could also mix textures like glitter with the smooth surface of your polish. And a good matte polish paired with shiny or metallic elements is a gorgeous look that is incredibly underrated.
- Play up the tropical details. We love ombre nails- the gradual change in colors always remind us of a sunset. And in what might seem like a stretch for some, gold glitter (perfect for the holidays!) always has us thinking fancy sand. For even more dramatic texture, caviar your nails.
- Less is more. Adding palm trees or aloha print to your nails can come off as cheesy (and scream spring break if you’re not careful). Consider a more organic or artistic approach with sweeping strokes or more detailed application. If applied more like a pattern rather than a drawing, you can rock those palm fronds year round. Still not sure? Just do your toes.
Once you decide what kind of nail art fits your mood, don’t forget to complete the look with one or two simple bands for the perfect balance.
Latest posts by Kalaki Riot (see all)
- #MyUrbanIsland: Jennipher Walters, Erin Whitehead and Kristen Seymour of Fit Bottomed Girls - September 19, 2016
- GIVEAWAY: WIN OVER $1000 IN TRAVEL MUST-HAVES - August 29, 2016
- #MyUrbanIsland: Liza Skripka - August 29, 2016